FRFF Preview Tour

All 2008 specific discussion, tornado & aftermath

FRFF Preview Tour

Postby horvendile » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Is there any word on the winners of the Emerging Artist Most Wanted? The musicians must already be booking or have booked May when it usually occurs. I know this was an issue a few years ago.

I know the votes were lost in the storm but there was online voting. I know I voted.
The optimist proclaims this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimists fears this is so.
horvendile

Postby fivecentharpa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:59 am

Thank you whoever you are.
I second this question!
fivecentharpa

Postby horvendile » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 pm

fivecentharpa wrote:Thank you whoever you are.
I second this question!

I was going to say, "What do you mean "whoever you are?" Then I saw that there is no place to click on the poster's name and get their info.

I'm Gordon.
The optimist proclaims this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimists fears this is so.
horvendile

Postby Notlob » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Member profiles are available via the "Memberlist" link at the top of the page.
Keep your lamp trimmed and burning!
Producer, notloB Folk Concerts ~ http://sites.google.com/site/notlobmusic/
Producer/Host, "In the Tradition", Tuesdays 5-8pm, 91.3fm, streaming at http://www.wcuw.org/
Notlob

Postby fivecentharpa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Oh so that is how it works.
Well....thank you for posting the question Gordon. And good to know who you are!
fivecentharpa

No Preview Tour this year

Postby AnneS » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Sorry for the delay on this, it's been one thing after another here.

We will announce our showcase winners by end of month. The info will be on the website, next Enewsletter and here on the Forum.

I am updating the website and beginning with 09 plans. Just beginning tho. I am still doing some P/T consulting and PR jobs to make ends meet and that is actually going quite well.

There will definitely be a Most Wanted spot at the fest and maybe a few presenters will be able to do a show or 2 with some or all of the 4 selected showcase artists but the Preview Tour which we subsidize to the tune of 7-8 K per year is just not possible this year.

We struggled with how we could cut the tour down but finally decided that with this one decent sized budget cut, we would be in the black by February with some money in the bank, so had to do it.

It was the only reasonable or even possible budget cut that did not affect the fest itself, we hope to cut very little from that budget and now that the economy is the way it is, we are working on whether we can simply freeze admission prices at least for this year. Thanks again, Anne
Anne Saunders
Falcon Ridge Folk Festival
AnneS

most wanted application

Postby Notlob » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:27 pm

AnneS wrote:Sorry for the delay on this, it's been one thing after another here. There will definitely be a Most Wanted spot at the fest

Looking forward to the announcement here when artists can apply by SonicBids, or whatever the the channel.
Keep your lamp trimmed and burning!
Producer, notloB Folk Concerts ~ http://sites.google.com/site/notlobmusic/
Producer/Host, "In the Tradition", Tuesdays 5-8pm, 91.3fm, streaming at http://www.wcuw.org/
Notlob

Re: most wanted application

Postby Sunny » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Notlob wrote:
AnneS wrote:Sorry for the delay on this, it's been one thing after another here. There will definitely be a Most Wanted spot at the fest

Looking forward to the announcement here when artists can apply by SonicBids, or whatever the the channel.

OK, I'm totally confused. Why would the Most Wanted spot be put out to bid on Sonic Bids? The "channel" already happened. The votes have already been cast. Unless tradition has been altered, the Most Wanted to Return slot(s) are filled by those garnering the most votes from the previous year's Emerging Artists Showcase.

It's unfortunate that the preview tour is getting the axe due to financial constraints, but understandable under the circumstances. My complements to Anne, though, for finding a way to keep the Festival intact and attempting to keep ticket prices status quo!

July can't get here soon enough!
Last edited by Sunny on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunny

Postby john r » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:58 pm

i believe it means artists applying via sonic bids for a spot in the 2009 showcase
john r

Re: No Preview Tour this year

Postby ckocher » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:11 am

AnneS wrote:
There will definitely be a Most Wanted spot at the fest and maybe a few presenters will be able to do a show or 2 with some or all of the 4 selected showcase artists but the Preview Tour which we subsidize to the tune of 7-8 K per year is just not possible this year.

I have to admit this makes me a little sad.

Chris
ckocher

Postby PaulC » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:42 pm

ckocher wrote:
AnneS wrote:

I have to admit this makes me a little sad.

Chris

It is disappointing, but I think Anne made the best possible choice. Better to cut back on things that won't directly affect the quality of the actual festival. Trying to hold down prices and maintain the quality of the festival won't be easy.
PaulC

Postby ckocher » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:46 pm

PaulC wrote:
It is disappointing, but I think Anne made the best possible choice. Better to cut back on things that won't directly affect the quality of the actual festival. Trying to hold down prices and maintain the quality of the festival won't be easy.

I have plenty of questions about all this ... but I've seen how dissent is tolerated around here, so I'll keep them to myself.

Chris
ckocher

Postby PaulC » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:58 pm

ckocher wrote:
PaulC wrote:

I have plenty of questions about all this ... but I've seen how dissent is tolerated around here, so I'll keep them to myself.

Chris

It is too bad you feel that way. Hope I haven't given you that impression. I think you should ask away.
PaulC

Postby ckocher » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:04 pm

PaulC wrote:
It is too bad you feel that way. Hope I haven't given you that impression. I think you should ask away.

It's not you in particular ... just this message board in general. You know what (and who) I'm talking about. <cough cough>

Chris
ckocher

Postby john r » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:06 am

since he-who-shall-not-be-named has been banned from the board, things have been very different. ask away.
john r

Next

Return to FR 2008, Year of the Tornado