I posted this on my website, but wanted to repost here to make sure you got the message.
Atlanta is considerably drier and less muddy than my weekend at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival. Despite that, it's not nearly as exciting by comparison.
I met so many beautiful people and had a wonderful time.
My deepest gratitude to:
* The festival attendees: Way to brave crazy weather, late nights and long walks from the muddy parking lot! We keep playing because you keep listening. Thanks especially to my campground neighbors who made sure I was dry, fed, and entertained during my downtime. You were the best neighbors a little folksinger could ask for.
* The entire staff and volunteer group at Falcon Ridge: People, you are incredible. You kept things running smoothly, kept us fed, kept us happy and whole. You make it possible for us to play and sing and dance.
* The crepe artists at the Skinny Pancake: Had I ever tasted a crepe before this weekend? All other crepes are a faint and distant memory compared to yours. Thanks in particular for "The Heartbreaker" which kept my dessert cravings from getting out of hand!
* My fellow Emerging Artists: It was really an honor to play on a stage (and in tents) with such great company. You are all incredibly talented and I hope we meet again on the road.
* The inventor of the rain fly: Whoever you are, you kept my stuff from getting soaked on Saturday night during that torrential downpour. For that, I salute you.
* This Year's Performers: Thank you for reminding me why I get up and write in the morning, why I put so many miles on my car, why I will never quit. Many of you went out of your way to offer encouragement and hugs this weekend. You are the Real Thing. Thanks for your inspiration.
I had a fantastic time and hope to see you all again next year!
- Juliana Finch