Fund/Tornado

All 2008 specific discussion, tornado & aftermath

Postby john r » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:01 am

coffee0604 wrote:[quote="TyteFystedFolkie
Are you indicating that you want to be compensated in some manner?? WHY???

Absolutely not, but thanks for the attack. What I said was that I'm interested in the loss incurred by FRFF. We have a Tornado Fund and fund-raising concerts being organized and hints that the festival won't be able to continue next year if we don't all pitch in -- all before any of the details have been made known. Just gimme some truth.[/quote]

the rest of us on the BB understand the point you were making, coffee. but we also understand that someone on this BB has not yet been potty-trained.
john r

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:57 pm

[quote="coffee0604"][quote="TyteFystedFolkie
Are you indicating that you want to be compensated in some manner?? WHY???[/quote]

Absolutely not, but thanks for the attack. What I said was that I'm interested in the loss incurred by FRFF. We have a Tornado Fund and fund-raising concerts being organized and hints that the festival won't be able to continue next year if we don't all pitch in -- all before any of the details have been made known. Just gimme some truth.[/quote]

I wasn't attacking you, coffee. I found your post confusing, but now I realize that you were just pissing and moaning about your petty losses.
Last edited by TyteFystedFolkie on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
TyteFystedFolkie

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:55 pm

[quote="john r"][quote="coffee0604"][quote="TyteFystedFolkie
Are you indicating that you want to be compensated in some manner?? WHY???[/quote]

the rest of us on the BB understand the point you were making, coffee. but we also understand that someone on this BB has not yet been potty-trained.[/quote]

WADR john, I find it surprising that your gang of 'moochers' up at the GFP (YOUR spin, NOT mine!!!) aren't weighing-in in support of your position(s) on this forum.

I learned early in life not to BUY my popularity....it's akin to prostitution.
TyteFystedFolkie

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:32 pm

[quote="john r"]i believe bills are still coming in. give anne a little more time to fill us in[/quote]

PERHAPS, the establishment of the 'fund' and the request for support of it were premature.

Anyone for some transparency??
TyteFystedFolkie

Postby john r » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:39 pm

we had no moochers at the GFP - everyone who was there this year kicked in. there might have been a problem at the old place, but we have worked it out. and by the way - on another thread - attacking a woman on her physical appearance as you did is totally out of bounds, and you really shoud be ashamed and offer an apology.

quoting brian:
Speaking of trolls, is that YOU in the My Dad's Truck photo??

and, by the way, there are several GFPers who have publicly objected to your remarks on this board.
john r

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:51 pm

[quote="john r"]we had no moochers at the GFP - everyone who was there this year kicked in. there might have been a problem at the old place, but we have worked it out. and by the way - on another thread - attacking a woman on her physical appearance as you did is totally out of bounds, and you really shoud be ashamed and offer an apology.

quoting brian:

and, by the way, there are several GFPers who have publicly objected to your remarks on this board.[/quote]

Looks to me as though YOU are making THAT connection, john.
TyteFystedFolkie

Postby Susan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:30 am

john r wrote:...and by the way - on another thread - attacking a woman on her physical appearance as you did is totally out of bounds, and you really shoud be ashamed and offer an apology.

quoting brian:

and, by the way, there are several GFPers who have publicly objected to your remarks on this board.

John, he is an offensive little troll, but only if you take him seriously. I don't think anybody is fooled by his claims that he is trying to make FRFF better; no, he's just trying to stir the poo and draw attention to himself, as little boys often do. Thank you for your chivalry.
My Dad's Truck - Free-range Acoustic!
Susan

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:48 pm

[quote="Susan"][quote="john r"]...and by the way - on another thread - attacking a woman on her physical appearance as you did is totally out of bounds, and you really shoud be ashamed and offer an apology.

quoting brian:

and, by the way, there are several GFPers who have publicly objected to your remarks on this board.[/quote]

John, he is an offensive little troll, but only if you take him seriously. I don't think anybody is fooled by his claims that he is trying to make FRFF better; no, he's just trying to stir the poo and draw attention to himself, as little boys often do. Thank you for your chivalry.[/quote]

Hey Gorgeous....why don't you pm john with that message. OH, OF COURSE!! It's because you want an audience,
TyteFystedFolkie

Bump?

Postby cantgreg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Bump. Silence is deafening.
cantgreg

Passim 9/23

Postby Notlob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 pm

From a stand-alone

gramco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 am
Post subject: Benefit for FRFF at Club Passim 9/23

Hi gang,

Wanted to let you know there will be a benefit concert for the festival in September. Thanks to Passim for giving us the date!

Date: Tues 9/23
Time: 7pm
Place: Club Passim, Cambridge MA
Cost: $23/$25
Who: Vance Gilbert, Katryna Nields+Dave Chalfant, Chris+Meredith Thompson, We're About 9, Tracy Grammer

It's going to be really, really fun! Hope you'll come out to support the fest.
http://www.clubpassim.com for more info and to get tickets. We're hoping for a sell-out!

xo
tg
Keep your lamp trimmed and burning!
Producer, notloB Folk Concerts ~ http://sites.google.com/site/notlobmusic/
Producer/Host, "In the Tradition", Tuesdays 5-8pm, 91.3fm, streaming at http://www.wcuw.org/
Notlob

Postby JJRRutgers » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Hey, how about some love for us NYC Metro folk!!! All these benefit shows for the Boston area, and none for New York. Come on people, get on it!!! :)

All kidding aside, my family would be there in a heartbeat for a Falcon Ridge benefit in the Big Apple region. Perhaps some NY-based Falcon Ridge regulars would fit the bill?
JJRRutgers

Re: Bump?

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:51 am

[quote="cantgreg"]Bump. Silence is deafening.[/quote]

What silence?? Whose silence??
TyteFystedFolkie

Silence

Postby cantgreg » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:19 pm

On my original inquiries from first post.
cantgreg

Re: Silence

Postby TyteFystedFolkie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:50 pm

[quote="cantgreg"]On my original inquiries from first post.[/quote]

Are you requesting said silence?? Demanding said silence?? Or asking for explanation as to the absence of non-silence??

The English language is a great language.....when we choose to use it properly.
TyteFystedFolkie

Postby Notlob » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:45 pm

It appears Jim Henry will not be performing at Passim tonight as Matt Smith does not include him in the list of featured musicians.

By email.

Tuesday 9/23 - 7pm : A Benefit for The Falcon Ridge Folk Festival with Tracy Grammer, Vance Gilbert, Katryna Nields & Dave Chalfant, Chris & Meredith Thompson and We're about 9!

Reg: $25/Member: $23

As many of you may have heard, or experienced, the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival was hit by a mini-tornado on it's last day this year - leading to most of the day needing to be canceled, and some serious damage being done. Tonight we're going to give a little back to a festival that everyone loves! Performers include Tracy Grammer, Katryna Nields & Dave Chalfant, Vance Gilbert, Chris & Meredith Thompson and We're About 9!
Keep your lamp trimmed and burning!
Producer, notloB Folk Concerts ~ http://sites.google.com/site/notlobmusic/
Producer/Host, "In the Tradition", Tuesdays 5-8pm, 91.3fm, streaming at http://www.wcuw.org/
Notlob

PreviousNext

Return to FR 2008, Year of the Tornado