We are still waiting on 4 final bills that always come late in Sept, next credit card statements as well, we pay sev bills on 2 cards and then pay down the cards. Seeing our accountant this Fri as well. Was supposed to be today, but was rescheduled.
A note here tho, final accounting takes a while. Like other monthly bills, some of ours come in a month or 2 after the fest, a few even later. Other factors come into play as well, one being that we act as a bank and cash many checks for performers and vendors on-site. Those cks turned into us for cash are then held til October for deposit, sometimes there are adjustments. Insurance payments can take sev months, program book revenue is not all collected for a while. There's more, these details would take pages to cover. I am not even aware of all of them since this is not my primary function.
Obviously tho we have the same amt of bills to pay, a bit more due weather issues, not that much as it turns out but some, and much less walk up gate sales both Thu and Sun coming in to pay those bills. Less gate sales means less food and merch sales as well. This is basic common-sense arithmetic which most of you on the Forum get.
Refund requests have been few, I have 2 more here now but the grand total on refunds is less than $1000 to date and I don't expect much more if any at this point. Initial inquiries indicated much more but it has not come to pass.
Demanding detailed financial info that is not yet complete or at least complete enough to make useful predictions is not helpful. I am not going to make guesses until all the bills are in and enough final accounting details are known. Only a few ppl here have actually pestered me about that. I am not ignoring these few, I just don't know yet.
If I have to make a guess right now on continuing or not I would have to say it is still iffy.
If this had occurred at another time, it might be different but remember we moved to this site 3 years ago, the cost to do so was approx 65 grand. That was actually cheap. The fact that Howard is a building contractor and able to do much of the work himself, find or purchase materials at a discount or use alternate methods and materials saved a bundle. We figured we could make it up in 2 years if both of us put all proceeds back in for 2 years and did not take a fee. We both put in some $$ as well and paid for the move as well as all bills.
This will be a third year of no fest income, we can both handle that. It's not desirable certainly, we will have to cut back on personal and other expenses that we had planned but we could get thru it if the bills can all be paid. That's all I know at this point.
Falcon Ridge Folk Festival